Benefits of AOS Membership
- Discounted registration at our biennial, stand alone AOS conferences, and notices of combined meetings as part of the ACOLS conference series.
- Subscription to AOS News, our quarterly journal, which will keep you in touch with optics in the region, including
- research in topical areas
- optics and science policy
- meetings calendars
- job markets and advertisements
- commercial optics developments
- member contacts
- Each member of the AOS contributes, through their subscription, to STA (the peak science lobby group in Canberra)
- Joint Membership Agreements with the SPIE and OSA assist us in being part of the wider international optics community via news-letters, conference notices and journals. For details see:
In addition, your membership will give you a voice, via the activities of the AOS Council, in the development of optics in this region, for which the AOS is the primary representative body. The AOS has members working in commercial, academic and teaching areas in visible optics, laser optics, IR & UV optics, X-ray optics, spectroscopy and atom optics, neutron optics, quantum optics, medical optics, imaging, and applications, to name a few broad categories of interest. Our conferences are usually very strong in visible and laser optics and applications, and usually have good representation in the other areas. Typical conferences have 200-400 attendees when not enhanced by collocation with other conferences.