Cylite is a technology company operating at the cutting edge of optical imaging systems for ophthalmic and related markets. We are in the process of launching a highly innovative product based on Hyper-Parallel Optical Coherence Tomography (HP-OCT) for high-speed imaging of the eye. Production of these instruments is done at our cleanroom facility, using highly sophisticated optical alignment and manufacturing processes. We are looking for an engineer or physicist with optics experience to join our growing production team. The company is based in Notting Hill, Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and provides a collaborative, friendly, and stimulating work environment.
The role has responsibilities such as:
· Development and improvement of optical instrument assembly processes (e.g. optical alignment of lenses, mirrors, photodetectors).
· Work with precision optical and opto-electronic test & measurement equipment (alignment lasers, photodetectors, wavefront sensors, fibre-optics).
· Training and collaboration with production personnel to continue improving on existing manufacturing and testing processes.
· Calibration and validation of production tools and equipment.
· Design and test mechanical / opto-mechanical jigs and toolings in collaboration with our mechanical engineers.
· Help in incoming inspection and testing of optical components.
· Create and maintain manufacturing process documents.
· Responsible for identifying problems and providing solutions for manufacturing issues.
· A degree in Engineering or Physics.
· Solid understanding of basic optics (geometric optics, wave optics, fibre optics).
· Very good mechanical hands-on skills, comfortable with using a wide range of tools and equipment.
· A passion for precision and quality in manufacturing.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Has good communication skills; can collaborate effectively with team members as well as train and supervise production technicians.
Desirable items, highly regarded:
· Prior experience in a high-technology manufacturing environment, preferably in an optics-related industry.
· Experience with mechanical CAD (e.g. Solidworks).
· Advanced knowledge of optics (e.g. OCT, lasers, imaging systems, optical design with ZEMAX).
· Basic programming experience (e.g. LabView, Matlab, scripting languages).
· Familiarity with industrial automation hardware and software.
If you would like to apply, please forward an up to date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role. Please also include a clear indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.