Location: Sydney based
Primary Purpose of Role
The process engineer role is to assist with the development of thin film materials that demonstrate the applicability of Remote Plasma Chemical Vapour Deposition (RPCVD). In addition, the role includes the modification of RPCVD based equipment or processes for specific applications.
Department: Operations and Technology
Reporting To: COO/CTO
• Film Growth – deposition of GaN layers, deposition of test and device layers (for LED, PV and power electronics applications)
• Material Characterization – material and technique development, measurement, data analysis / storage.
• Health and Safety Support – assist in ensuring MSDS library and safety information in place.
• Literature research and communication of findings to the technical team.
• Work scheduling – Flexibility to meet demands of development projects (including the requirement to work on occasion from 2-10pm up two days per week
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree of Science or Engineering in physics or a related field
• A strong background in process oriented engineering
• A strong semiconductor, chemical, electronic or materials background.
• Experience with material characterization well regarded.
Essential Software Skills
• Computer literate, with experience using Microsoft Office products
Essential Professional Skills
• The ability to be innovative and assist in the development of a new generation of group III nitride thin film growth systems
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to work well in a team environment.
• The ability to design thin film growth experiments in a goal driven environment.
• Technical aptitude and an ability to help maintain the growth systems.
Essential Performance dimensions
• Customer responsiveness
• Professional manner
Closes 2014-03-31. More information...