- Job no: 0051099
- Work type: Fixed Term
- Location: Parkville, Australia
- Division/Faculty: Faculty of Science, University of Melbourne
- Department/School: School of Physics
- Salary: $73,669 - $99,964 (Level A)
- Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 9.5% superannuation
The University plan seeks to increase the diversity of the workforce and the representation of women in areas where they have been traditionally under-represented. Consistent with this, the School of Physics is seeking to increase the representation of women and Indigenous individuals in the academic workforce across physical science disciplines. Pursuant to a Special Measure under Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic), the School will, therefore, only consider applications from suitably qualified women or Indigenous candidates for this position.
About the role:
The School of Physics at the University of Melbourne is hiring Postdoctoral Research Fellows in Meta-optical Device. The successful candidates will work on the experimental realisation of new nano-optical devices and their incorporation into optical systems. They will design and simulate meta-optical devices, undertake nanofabrication to realise the devices, and develop new methods to characterise them optically and/or electrically.
The Research Fellows will join a node of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Transformative Meta-Optical Systems. The ARC Centre of Excellence for Transformative Meta-Optical Systems (TMOS) brings together five Australian and 13 leading international universities as well as Australian and global companies to create entirely new optics-based technologies with enormous market potential. The Centre has received $34.9 million funding from the Australian Research Council to operate from 2020-2027.
- A PhD (or close to completion of a PhD) in a relevant area of physics or electrical and electronic engineering, including nanoscience or optics
- Expertise in relevant theory and modelling
- Demonstrated ability in experimental cleanroom nanofabrication and characterisation and/or developing and using custom optical systems
- Capacity to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Applications close:18 Nov 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
To view the Position Description: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/84qj
To apply: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/903246/postdoctoral-research-fellow-in-metaoptical-devices