As a service to our members and to the Australian and New Zealand optics and photonics communities we are pleased to post relevant job adverts at no charge. Please contact email@example.com.
Looking for a capable engineer to help set up an optical system consisting of 5 optical components (including light source) for looking at the back of the human eye.
Experience of working with the eye is ideal. Being located in Sydney an added convenience.
Please note this project will have the expectation that IP is assigned to the contractor and confidentiality an expectation of the contractee.
Please include a quote for your services and timeframe required to fulfil these objectives:
- Accurate ray diagrams based on real and obtainable hardware components.
- Clear descriptions of the relations and angles each hardware component has to oneanother.
- Ironing out the problem of reflection off the cornea is a known obstacle requiring a solution.
- A degree of flexibility around help trouble-shooting as the theoretical model (from the engineer) is fabricated by a designer.
If this sounds like you please contact me: Dr Jacob Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org
Both positions will be primarily based at the Callaghan campus in Newcastle and will contribute to teaching postgraduate and undergraduate courses in Physics including large first year classes comprising students from diverse study programs and engage with flexible course delivery modes and innovative teaching practices.
The focus areas of research interest in the Discipline of Physics include computational and experimental Space Science, Photonics, Nanoscience and Materials Physics, and Medical Science. However candidates coming from any area of Physics will be considered if they complement our existing portfolio and align with the research strategy and capabilities of the University of Newcastle.
Application close: 23 Oct 2019
Terra15 specialises in vibration and acoustic sensing. We are a commercially operational company with proven technology and a passion for creating amazing results with hardware and software. With applications across many industries, we offer some of Australia’s largest companies a new way to manage their infrastructure. We are friendly and technical minded individuals who work at the leading edge.
We are looking for
A talented Photonics Engineer/Physicist who will be responsible for advancing and working with our core fibre optic sensor technology. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and grow cutting edge, high impact technology and applications.
This role is based in Perth CBD. Joining us is your opportunity to make your mark and see the outcomes of your work in action.
Desired skills and experience/qualifications
Our core values
To be considered for this role, please send a cover letter and your resume via Seek.
Please note, you must have current working rights within Australia to be considered for this role and only shortlisted applicants may be contacted.
Should you require further information about this role, you may email email@example.com
Job no: 497624
Work type: Fixed term / Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
You will predominantly contribute to research activities carried out in UNSW THz Photonics Group led by Dr Shaghik Atakaramians at School of EE&T.
You will conduct research in design, fabrication and measurement of Terahertz (THz) waveguides and waveguide-based devices using relevant numerical software and Terahertz experimental systems independently and as part of a team.
The role of Research Associate reports to Dr Shaghik Atakaramians (UNSW Scientia Fellow) and has no direct reports.
Cylite is a technology company operating at the cutting edge of optical imaging systems for ophthalmic and related markets. We are in the process of launching a highly innovative product based on Hyper-Parallel Optical Coherence Tomography (HP-OCT) for high-speed imaging of the eye. Production of these instruments is done at our cleanroom facility, using highly sophisticated optical alignment and manufacturing processes. We are looking for an engineer or physicist with optics experience to join our growing production team. The company is based in Notting Hill, Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and provides a collaborative, friendly, and stimulating work environment.
The role has responsibilities such as:
· Development and improvement of optical instrument assembly processes (e.g. optical alignment of lenses, mirrors, photodetectors).
· Work with precision optical and opto-electronic test & measurement equipment (alignment lasers, photodetectors, wavefront sensors, fibre-optics).
· Training and collaboration with production personnel to continue improving on existing manufacturing and testing processes.
· Calibration and validation of production tools and equipment.
· Design and test mechanical / opto-mechanical jigs and toolings in collaboration with our mechanical engineers.
· Help in incoming inspection and testing of optical components.
· Create and maintain manufacturing process documents.
· Responsible for identifying problems and providing solutions for manufacturing issues.
· A degree in Engineering or Physics.
· Solid understanding of basic optics (geometric optics, wave optics, fibre optics).
· Very good mechanical hands-on skills, comfortable with using a wide range of tools and equipment.
· A passion for precision and quality in manufacturing.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Has good communication skills; can collaborate effectively with team members as well as train and supervise production technicians.
Desirable items, highly regarded:
· Prior experience in a high-technology manufacturing environment, preferably in an optics-related industry.
· Experience with mechanical CAD (e.g. Solidworks).
· Advanced knowledge of optics (e.g. OCT, lasers, imaging systems, optical design with ZEMAX).
· Basic programming experience (e.g. LabView, Matlab, scripting languages).
· Familiarity with industrial automation hardware and software.
If you would like to apply, please forward an up to date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role. Please also include a clear indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQUS) is launching a new initiative - the Deborah Jin Fellowship. Details will available at this link: http://bit.ly/equs-dj
EQUS is seeking to appoint two outstanding early career female candidates to perform research at one of our nodes (UQ, USYD, MQ, and UWA), as determined by the candidate’s expertise and research aspirations. The appointment is for up to three years. This appointment can be full-time, part-time and/or accommodate different types of flexible working. Job-sharing arrangements will also be considered. The level of appointment will be commensurate with the research experience and performance standards for academic levels A/B. Candidates who identify as women and are within five years of the conferral date of their PhD are eligible to apply. The eligibility period may be extended to take into account career interruptions.
The Nonlinear Physics Centre at ANU is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher with an excellent record of publications in the research areas of quantum optics and nano-photonics, to work on the new research direction outlined in a recent publication at https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aat8196. There is also a PhD student scholarship available. Check here for the details.
Applications close: 22 Jul 2019.
DST Group is looking to appoint a researcher in the area of magnetometry and timing with a background in cold atoms or atomic vapour sensing. The position will be appointed at S&T level 5 ($101,955 -$115,005) and will be initially physically located at the University of Adelaide. Please check here for more details.
We are seeking a PhD candidate to work on an industry-related PhD with a generous $40k p.a. scholarship over 4 years along with project research support funds of $10k p.a. The focus of the work is the exploitation of state-of-the-art quantum techniques for the purpose of environmental monitoring and has come about because of investments from the University, CSIRO and Rio Tinto. For further details please follow the link at http://bit.ly/31QmPeK
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
CSIRO Manufacturing is seeking an experienced Research Scientist/Engineer in Optical Systems. In this exciting role, you will undertake research, design and development of optical, photonic and terahertz systems which may be used for a range of scientific and industrial measurement applications.
Your duties will include
Location: Sydney (Lindfield) NSW
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
Full Details: https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Sydney%2C-NSW-CSOF-Job/565544600/?locale=en_GB