Benefits of AOS Membership
- Discounted registration at our biennial, stand alone AOS conferences, and notices of combined meetings as part of the ACOLS conference series.
- Subscription to AOS News, our quarterly journal, which will keep you in touch with optics in the region, including
- research in topical areas
- optics and science policy
- meetings calendars
- job markets and advertisements
- commercial optics developments
- member contacts
- Each member of the AOS contributes, through their subscription, to STA (the peak science lobby group in Canberra)
- Joint Membership Agreements with the SPIE and OSA assist us in being part of the wider international optics community via news-letters, conference notices and journals.
In addition, your membership will give you a voice, via the activities of the AOS Council, in the development of optics in this region, for which the AOS is the primary representative body. The AOS has members working in commercial, academic and teaching areas in visible optics, laser optics, IR & UV optics, X-ray optics, spectroscopy and atom optics, neutron optics, quantum optics, medical optics, imaging, and applications, to name a few broad categories of interest. Our conferences are usually very strong in visible and laser optics and applications, and usually have good representation in the other areas. Typical conferences have 200-400 attendees when not enhanced by collocation with other conferences.
|New Student Member||FREE* (For Australian and New Zealand Citizens, Residents and International Students studying in Australia)|
|*Note that you can ignore the payment form, but please send an email to the treasurer advising where you are studying and preferably use your uni email address on the membership form.|
|*Multiple year membership, for three, five and ten years, is also available. The membership rate is the single year membership rate at the date of application multiplied by the number of years. Contact the treasurer if you wish to take advantage of this option.|
Join or RenewPlease join or renew your membership on our old site
Special opportunity for AOS Regular Members—Join the Optical Society of America (OSA)! The Optical Society of America (OSA) was organized in 1916 to increase and diffuse the knowledge of optics, pure and applied; to promote the common interests of investigators of optical problems, of designers and of users of optical apparatus of all kinds; and to encourage cooperation among them. OSA serves over 18,000 members worldwide; its activities include technical conferences, publications and special student and education outreach programs. OSA Members receive a wide range of information, including complimentary subscriptions to Optics & Photonics News and Physics Today, professional networking benefits, substantial registration and subscription discounts and much more. Visit osa.org/membersbenefits to view a full list of benefits.
Just enter the VIP discount code "AOS15" when joining or renewing online to receive the following pricing for OSA membership
ABN 63 009 548 387