Photonics Engineer / Physicist
Terra15 specialises in vibration and acoustic sensing. We are a commercially operational company with proven technology and a passion for creating amazing results with hardware and software. With applications across many industries, we offer some of Australia’s largest companies a new way to manage their infrastructure. We are friendly and technical minded individuals who work at the leading edge.
We are looking for
A talented Photonics Engineer/Physicist who will be responsible for advancing and working with our core fibre optic sensor technology. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and grow cutting edge, high impact technology and applications.
This role is based in Perth CBD. Joining us is your opportunity to make your mark and see the outcomes of your work in action.
- Photonics and system-level research and product development.
- System optimization, test and verification.
- Signal progressing.
- Component and supplier selection and validation.
- Project support.
Desired skills and experience/qualifications
- Engineering degree or physics degree specializing in photonics/optics.
- Higher level research qualification such as PhD or Masters degree.
- Strong mathematics and/or physics background.
- Experience with optical fibre communication, lasers, optical amplifiers, optical fibre components, optical measurement techniques and instrumentation.
- Experience with signal processing, sensor systems and noise analysis.
- Experience with vibration analysis.
- >2 years product development experience.
- Team player in a multidisciplinary team, self-starter, collaborative.
- Driven to take ownership of and build on your tasks.
Our core values
- Give the customer and your colleagues attention and respect.
- Act with integrity: be trustworthy, ethical and fair.
- Aspire for improvement.
- Flexible working environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Interesting and diverse projects.
- A vast array of skill within our team to learn from and collaborate with.
To be considered for this role, please send a cover letter and your resume via Seek.
Please note, you must have current working rights within Australia to be considered for this role and only shortlisted applicants may be contacted.
Should you require further information about this role, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org